Being a rather lazy person who still likes cooking, i always go for the easiest way to make something taste and look nice. This is by no means the best tasting ramen you will ever eat in your life, but if you dont particularly need a grand tasting food but still crave for it, this is the perfect cooking for you! It is not only cheap, easy but also quick to make! Plus, you will probably have all the ingredients in your fridge!
All you need is a pack of instant noodles/ramen-any one will do, the one i used below is a brand by Nissin in Shoyu flavour – it comes with a small pack of seaweed. This brand is probably one of the most popular instant noodles since its even selling here in the UK !
- People in a rush
- People who are poor
- People who are just pure lazy
- People who suck at cooking
- People who want to show off their cooking
- Under 10 mins
- Instant noodles/Ramen
- 1 Egg
- 1 or more slices of ham
1. Boil the noodles as packet instructs or in one of my ways- i usually do this in one of 3 ways:
Super Lazy Method-Boil a kettle of hot water and pour in the noodles inside a bowl with seasonings covering it till it reaches the top of the noodles, cover with a lid/plate and then wait for about 5 minutes. Finish. (what i usually do)
Taste:Noodles are soft and easy to eat, looks like there are more noodles than the other 2 – Caution: if left too long noodles may turn soggy and ewwwee
Lazy Method-Put both water and noodles + seasonings in a microwavable bowl and microwave it for about 5 mins at around 800+walts. Finish.
Taste:Noodles has a springy and bouncy texture – like al dente – taste a bit ‘artificial’ to me
Traditional Method-Boil water in a pot, put in the noodles, seasonings, wait for noodles to be cook-about 7 mins or so depending on how long it takes for the water to boil. Finish.
Taste:Noodles will taste best without a doubt.
I am Very Free Method–For a Healthier option, boil the noodles (traditional method) for 1min and pour away the water, then boil noodles again till cooked. For a healthier broth, discard the seasonings and add in your own chicken broth/dashi (fish) broth etc which can be bought in the supermarket.
2. If you are doing the traditional method, wash an egg and boil it together with the noodles
Any other method, if you only have a big pot, boil about 4 eggs in a pot (to not waste any gas etc). You only need one egg in this dish, so save the other 3 for something else like making egg-mayonnaise sandwich for the next day!
3. Once egg is boiled, wait till its cool, or if your in a rush, run it with cold water and peel then cut it in half. Take a slice of ham – which you will probably have otherwise too bad
4. Assemble together by putting all ingredients on top of cooked noodles!
5. Challenge yourself to finish in 5 mins then rush off to your appointment/meeting/school/TV show to catch up etc…
p.s. i guess if you are super busy, you won’t even bother to follow this lol. just dump it all in plate and we have a cavemen meal!
WORD OF WARNING: DO NOT EAT THIS EVERYDAY. Instant noodles contain MSG which is bad for you health!